Rematch of Loyola-Nevada thriller set for November
- UConn: Ollie fired for NCAA violations
- Oklahoma State AD gets 3-year extension
- Kentucky adding Stanford star F Travis
- Hurley has high expectations for ASU
- Longtime Vols announcer Ward dies at 88
ST. LOUIS (AP) Nevada and Loyola of Chicago will play in late November in a rematch of their riveting Sweet 16 matchup in the NCAA Tournament.
The Wolf Pack and Ramblers will meet in Chicago on Nov. 27 to headline this year's Mountain West-Missouri Valley Challenge.
Last season, Loyola's Marques Townes made a 3-pointer with 6.3 seconds left, and the Ramblers edged Nevada 69-68 on their way to the Final Four.
San Diego State will play at Illinois State and New Mexico will face Bradley on the road in other key matchups in the event, which has been split 5-5 in each of the past two seasons.
Updated May 3, 2018