Michigan's Winovich returning to Wolverines
- Demoted Clemson QB Bryant skips practice
- SEC fines UK $100K for fans on field
- Suspended Tar Heels to return vs. Miami
- Stanford's O-line needs to help RB Love
- South Carolina poised for matchup vs. UK
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) Michigan defensive lineman Chase Winovich is forgoing the NFL and staying with the Wolverines.
Winovich announced the decision on social media Wednesday.
Winovich was a second-team All-Big Ten pick by the AP this season, along with teammate and fellow defensive lineman Rashan Gary. Those two should give the Wolverines a formidable defensive front in 2018 as Michigan tries to bounce back from an 8-5 season .
Winovich had eight sacks this season and has 13 over the past two.
More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 .
Updated January 3, 2018