Michigan's Winovich returning to Wolverines
- Clemson not worried about depth at QB
- WR Robertson leaving Cal after 2 years
- Oklahoma State AD gets 3-year extension
- Ex-Buckeye indicted for deputy assault
- Vanderbilt DL Reitmaier eligible to play
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) Michigan defensive lineman Chase Winovich is forgoing the NFL and staying with the Wolverines.
Winovich announced the decision on social media Wednesday.
Winovich was a second-team All-Big Ten pick by the AP this season, along with teammate and fellow defensive lineman Rashan Gary. Those two should give the Wolverines a formidable defensive front in 2018 as Michigan tries to bounce back from an 8-5 season .
Winovich had eight sacks this season and has 13 over the past two.
More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 .
Updated January 3, 2018