Steelers LB Shazier undergoes spinal stabilization surgery
- Jets bench DT Wilkerson for Saints game
- Bills QB Taylor to return to face Miami
- Browns GM Dorsey tears into predecessor
- Osweiler strong in relief as Broncos win
- Colts TE Williams suffers concussion
PITTSBURGH (AP) Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier underwent surgery on Wednesday night to stabilize his spine.
The team announced Thursday Drs. David Okonkwo and Joseph Maroon performed the surgery after Shazier was transferred from a hospital in Cincinnati to one in Pittsburgh.
The 25-year-old Shazier suffered the injury while hitting Cincinnati's Josh Malone in the first quarter of Pittsburgh's 23-20 victory over the Bengals on Monday night. Shazier motioned to his lower back immediately following the hit and was taken off the field on a stretcher.
The team offered no additional update on Shazier.
For more NFL coverage: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated December 7, 2017