Angels re-sign Andrew Heaney to $800K, 1-year deal
- Maybin back with Marlins on 1-year deal
- Drury to Yanks, Souza to D-backs in deal
- MLB: Managers must change P on 7th visit
- Mattingly to Harper: Focus on own team
- Players to honor Fla. shooting victims
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) Left-hander Andrew Heaney has agreed to an $800,000, one-year deal to return to the Los Angeles Angels.
The parties avoided arbitration with Tuesday's deal. Heaney gets a raise from the $543,000 he made last year.
Heaney has pitched 27 2/3 innings in only six starts over the past two seasons with the Angels, who acquired him in a trade with Miami in December 2014. He had Tommy John surgery in July 2016 and didn't return until Aug. 18, 2017, coming back earlier than expected to make five late-season starts.
Heaney is expected to be in the Angels' rotation again this season.
More AP baseball: www.apnews.com/tags/MLBbaseball
Updated January 9, 2018