Cardinals reach $9 million deal with Ozuna
- Pirates fans urge MLB to make owner sell
- Cubs bring back P Duensing on 2-yr. deal
- Cole excited to join Astros rotation
- McCutchen eager for tricky AT&T Park RF
- Tigers, SS Iglesias avoid arbitration
ST. LOUIS (AP) The St. Louis Cardinals have agreed to a one-year, $9 million contract with newly acquired outfielder Marcell Ozuna, avoiding arbitration.
Ozuna is coming off a breakout season. He hit .312 with 37 homers and 124 RBIs for the Miami Marlins, then was traded to St. Louis in December.
Grichuk batted .238 with 22 home runs and 59 RBIs last year, his second straight 20-homer season. Wacha was 12-9 with a 4.13 ERA in 30 starts, and Lyons was 4-1 with a 2.83 ERA in 50 relief appearances.
More AP baseball: https://apnews.com/tag/MLBbaseball
Updated January 12, 2018