NBA draft draws second-largest audience on ESPN
NBA Draft Headlines
- Arizona's Ayton top choice among bigs
- Cavs enter draft unsure of James' plans
- Kupchak set for first draft with Hornets
- Hawks have options with surplus of picks
- After electric year, Young awaits call
- Bagley, Porter headline list of top Fs
- Gamecocks' Martin gets Bowen going pro
- Interviews critical in draft process
- DiVincenzo adjusting to more visibility
NEW YORK (AP) The NBA draft averaged more than 3.5 million viewers, the second-biggest audience ever on ESPN.
The telecast Thursday peaked with 5.2 million viewers from 8:15 to 8:30 p.m. EDT, shortly after the first picks were made. Philadelphia took Markelle Fultz with the No. 1 selection and the Los Angeles Lakers went with fellow freshman guard Lonzo Ball at No. 2.
The only larger audience was for the 2015 draft, the network said Friday.
Updated June 23, 2017