NBA draft draws second-largest audience on ESPN
NBA Draft Headlines
- LaVar, Lonzo's WWE segment creates stir
- Paxson: Butler deal 'defined direction'
- Growth spurt helped Patton get to Wolves
- Fultz ready to turn 76ers into winners
- Draft paves way for looming free agency
- Draft ratings second-largest for ESPN
- Green calls Warriors newcomer Bell
- Suns thrilled to get Kansas F Jackson
- Celtics pick Duke F Tatum at No. 3
- Kings select Kentucky PG Fox at No. 5
NEW YORK (AP) The NBA draft averaged more than 3.5 million viewers, the second-biggest audience ever on ESPN.
The telecast Thursday peaked with 5.2 million viewers from 8:15 to 8:30 p.m. EDT, shortly after the first picks were made. Philadelphia took Markelle Fultz with the No. 1 selection and the Los Angeles Lakers went with fellow freshman guard Lonzo Ball at No. 2.
The only larger audience was for the 2015 draft, the network said Friday.
Updated June 23, 2017