For Bulls, blockbuster trade is all about direction
NBA Draft Headlines
- Arizona's Ayton top choice among bigs
- Cavs enter draft unsure of James' plans
- Kupchak set for first draft with Hornets
- Hawks have options with surplus of picks
- After electric year, Young awaits call
- Bagley, Porter headline list of top Fs
- Gamecocks' Martin gets Bowen going pro
- Interviews critical in draft process
- DiVincenzo adjusting to more visibility
By ANDREW SELIGMAN
CHICAGO (AP) The Chicago Bulls set a clear direction by trading All-Star Jimmy Butler to the Minnesota Timberwolves on draft night last week.
As for whether they got enough in return? Vice president of basketball operations John Paxson will let others debate that.
The Bulls had plenty of people talking after they traded one of the NBA's top two-way players for Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn and No. 7 overall pick Lauri Markkanen. The three newcomers were introduced at a news conference on Tuesday.
Paxson says debating which team got the better end of the deal is "the wrong way to look at it" at the moment. He says Chicago "defined a direction" and that he's "not worried about perception."
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/tag/NBAbasketball
Updated June 27, 2017